Thursday, November 3, 2011

{1/2 Birthday}

My littlest love is six months old today.

Holy Cow.





How can this be?

It feels like just yesterday she was swimming around in my belly while I contemplated whether or not my tiny human was a boy or girl, frantically attempting to finish the nursery, pick out names and praying that God would shape me into the mother I needed to be for this miracle. And now she's here, and I couldn't love her more.

A thousand kisses a day on those sweet cheeks will never be enough.

Thank you Lord, for this precious gift, and for your endless grace and mercy that you show us through her every single day. I am humbled to be her mother, and in awe of your unconditional love for us.

Scarlett Grace, you are amazing. You are more beautiful than I ever imagined you would be, and you're every bit the miracle and blessing we prayed for. I am so incredibly grateful that God sent you here for your daddy and I to love and raise, and these past six months have been nothing short of magical.

Happy half birthday, little heiferina.



"You are grace, you are beauty, you are love beyond measure and a gift without price."
A Baby Blessing, Author Unknown

6 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months Scarlett! My little Henry just turned 6 months last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait- what?! already!
    happy 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously??? 6 months? WOW, she is an absolute doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous! Look at those eyes! And I can't believe she's 6 months old already!! Wow! I've been reading your blog since before your first IVF and that was a LONG time ago, it seems crazy that your little Scarlett is already having her 1/2 birthday. Wow.
    Love the costume
    I'm so glad you enjoy motherhood as much as it is meant to be :) It is definitely the best and worth everything we went through to get it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waaay! behind on my commenting. Just wanted to say a very Happy 6 months (and now 8 months!) to you and your precious baby girl!!! She is BEAUTIFUL.

    Hope you and your family are doing really well and had terrific holidays with your Scarlett.

    ReplyDelete